Sunday, August 10, 2008

Athens

Greetings from Greece! Athens is HOT! I've been sweating like crazy, but I love it. Sorry for the let down folks, but once again I haven't been able to find internet where I can post pics.



I got in on Friday and pretty much just settled in, ate dinner, and went to bed. Yesterday (8/9) Paul and I visited the Parthenon and ancient Agora. That was pretty spectacular, as was the view of the city. We walked all around the city. It's not as dirty as I was expecting and it's really quiet right now because there's a national holiday going on. That's actually been really nice. People have been really helpful and most everyone speaks English.


Sunday (8/10) was a lazy day....reading books and getting rested. We went to a few other landmarks like the Temple of Zeus and an Olympic Stadium built in the 1800s. Then we wandered other areas of the city.

This morning (8/11) we basically made preparations for the next few days. We'll be here until Wednesday, then we take a tour to Meteora and Delphi. We come back to Athens Thursday evening and take a sleeper boat to the island of Santorini.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a place to post pics soon!!

3 comments:

UrbanHippieMama said...

I want to see pictures!!! It sounds like you are seeing some amazing things. I can't wait to hear about Santorini... :)
xoxo

DiscoBubba said...

Sweet mamma jamma my sister isn't dead! BTW the next chance ya get try and log onto Facebook cuz your lil' bro created an account on there now.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you! Enjoy your time together!

love,
Camille