Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Beginning

Here I am starting out my trip at 4:30am at Bradley International Airport 5/26/08My first margarita with the group
5/27/08: These ruins, El Ateloco, were right in down town Mexico City. If you look hard enough you can see the condos in the background!

This is where my door fetish began. I've got lots of pictures of doors....but don't worry, I won't post them all.
I have a picture just like this of a church in Boston
There was a huge church (imagine that....a church in Mexico) called the Basilica de Guadalupe. It's had up to 40,000 people there at a time. There were beautiful gardens surrounding it.


These are the first ruins we visited called Teotihuacan. It was super hot (again, big surprise for Mexico, huh?). I was disappointed that most of the ruins we visited, including this one, were mostly reconstructed by archeologists and is mostly just guess work. Still, they were pretty amazing. I enjoyed the stone carvings the most as they were the closest thing to authentic you could see.
I'm about to go for a climb!!
Mountain pose at the top of the pyramid.
Another theme begins....you'll see lots of pictures of my feet ;-)
You can see some of the original colors on these beams.
Cool, huh?
I took lots more pictures, but I picked the ones I like most...
It's a long process to upload them, so I'll be doing a few days worth at a time, so keep checking for more!





1 comment:

DiscoBubba said...

Wow that first picture at Bradley came out great..I wonder who the awesome photographer was